This recipe is from the Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. These cookies are very chocolaty, very tasty. They smell like brownies when they're in the oven. The only change I made was that I did not use my electric mixer to blend in the flour and chocolate chips mixture. I just used a wooden spoon,I figured the dough would be too heavy for the mixer, I was right. Some extra elbow grease needed but well worth it.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and cocoa powder.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
- Transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.