Recipe by christina white
A unique, delicious, moist cake. Very easy to make. I can't think of a better cake for a little (or not so little) girl's birthday (pink icing)! Enjoy! Makes 1 3 layer 8-inch cake
Top Review by HEP MEP
Wonderful cake! I made this for my birthday yesterday. I didn't want to futz too much, so I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and it turned out great. I added more fresh lemon juice to the frosting than called for, and also used raspberry extract in place of the almond. A big hit - and really, really pink! Thanks!
- 1 package French vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry gelatin powder
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar
- 5 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- white chocolate, in curls for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl beat well together cake mix, gelatin, flour, baking powder, oil, and water.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add thawed fruit and beat well.
- Pour into three prepared 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- Prepare icing: Beat butter and sugar.
- Add fruit, almond extract and lemon juice.
- Beat well.
- If icing gets too runny, put in fridge until desired consistency.
- Garnish with white chocolate curls if desired.