- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 6 medium red potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot combine broth, cubed raw potatoes, 1/2 of green onions and 1 can green chiles.
- Boil until potatoes are very soft.
- Cool slightly, and puree with stick blender or in food processor.
- To this add buttermilk, diced cooked red potatoes, remaining green onions and chilies.
- Heat through, but don't bring to a boil.