Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Kids can get trekking now that spring is here and take these tasty cookies along on thier next hike through hills and dales. yummy!!
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peanuts or 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop peanuts, leaving some whole. In a small bowl, stir flours with flax, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat peanut butter with butter, brown sugar and honey untl mixed, scraping down sides as necessary. Beat in flour mixture, then stir in peanuts.
- Lightly flour your hands and roll dough into 1-inch balls, placing them on baking sheets at least 2-inch apart. Flour the tines of a fork and press cookie gently twice to form a crsscross pattern.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and just set, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.