Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid and now I make it for my son! This makes a great snack.
- 2 1⁄2 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup Chex cereal
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dates
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toss together cereals, raisins or dates, oats and peanuts.
- Cook honey over medium heat until foamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- When smooth, pour over cereal mixture.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread on cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Wonderful stuff! Yummy and healthy snack. My two year-old even wanted some for breakfast this morning. Only changes I made were to use sweetened puffed wheat cereal (Sugar Smacks) just because I needed to clear it out of the pantry, and to sub extra Chex for the peanuts since the kids won't eat nuts. Fantsatic stuff. Thanks, Kater, for sharing the recipe!
Wow! This stuff is really good. I used Kashi puffed wheat cereal and less peanuts than was called for. It turned out fantastic. I will definitely be making this again and again. Thanks for a great recipe. I also posted a picture...which had to be taken quickly before the kids (and I) devoured it.