Recipe by Kater
My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid and now I make it for my son! This makes a great snack.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful stuff! Yummy and healthy snack. My two year-old even wanted some for breakfast this morning. Only changes I made were to use sweetened puffed wheat cereal (Sugar Smacks) just because I needed to clear it out of the pantry, and to sub extra Chex for the peanuts since the kids won't eat nuts. Fantsatic stuff. Thanks, Kater, for sharing the recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup Chex cereal
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dates
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together cereals, raisins or dates, oats and peanuts.
- Cook honey over medium heat until foamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- When smooth, pour over cereal mixture.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread on cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in airtight container.