Recipe by Elisebeth
This recipe is GREAT for pb fanatics. It's an all-time favorite in my family. very inventive too. like pb cookie sandwiches.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour,sugar,baking soda, and salt.
- Cut shortening and peanut butter into flour mix. until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend corn syrup and milk into mix. with an electric beater.
- Shape the mixture into a roll 2 inches in diameter; chill for 45 minute.
- Slice roll 1/8 in - 1/4 inches thick.
- Place the half slices onto ungreased cookie sheet, spread with peanut butter.
- Cover with remaining slices, and seal the edges with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 minutes, or until browned.
- ENJOY! ^_^.