Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is GREAT for pb fanatics. It's an all-time favorite in my family. very inventive too. like pb cookie sandwiches.
- Combine flour,sugar,baking soda, and salt.
- Cut shortening and peanut butter into flour mix. until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend corn syrup and milk into mix. with an electric beater.
- Shape the mixture into a roll 2 inches in diameter; chill for 45 minute.
- Slice roll 1/8 in - 1/4 inches thick.
- Place the half slices onto ungreased cookie sheet, spread with peanut butter.
- Cover with remaining slices, and seal the edges with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 minutes, or until browned.
- ENJOY! ^_^.
My family has made this recipe for years. We got it from a Crisco cookbook. It is by far a favorite of all the cookie recipes we have! Thanks for posting it.
Am helping out a couple of neighborhood kids by baking up several batches of cookies (They've been helping me a lot lately with my 2 small dogs!) ~ The baked goods are for a park-wide cookie sale! I enjoyed making these since they are a very nice change from the usual PB cookie, & I can see dressing them up even more by coating half of each baked cookie with chocolate! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]