Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like peanut butter cookies you'll LOVE these. The original recipe says it'll make 1 1/2 to 2 dozen but I double it all up and still don't get that many.
- In a mixer bowl cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together thoroughly.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Beat in orange juice.
- Shape dough into a roll 2 inches in diameter and 7 inches long. Wrap in clear plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour. Reshape into a round log if necessary.
- Slice cookies 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Place half the slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Spread center of each cookie with about 1 teaspoon peanut butter. Cover with remaining slices. Seal edge with fork.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minute Cool slightly; remove form cookie sheet and cool on rack. About 1 dozen cookies.
Made 3 batches of these to add to the table of baked goods (mostly cookies) that kids in our mobile home park held! Another big hit, especially with the PB lovers like myself! Your recipe is a definite keeper for me! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef] Want to check ou PAC? Here's a link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
Oh my, biLL, what a perfectly yummy cookie. Love the PB surprise! And you're right, I don't know how you could get more than a dozen cookies. Thnx, so much, for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0