Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. For the peanut butter lovers..... My kids are especially big fans! When I make this, I always add a large spoonful of additional peanut butter to the frosting for a more peanutty, less sweet taste. Sorry, I don't have an accurate measurement - I'm bad about doing that. I would guess it's a heaping tablespoonful. :) My family's only complaint is that I don't make this often enough. So many recipes, so little time.....
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inches square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, cream.
- peanut butter and butter.
- Add sugar, milk and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Frost cake.
- Yield: 9 servings.