Mmmmmmmmm! Need I say more?
Make and share this Double Orange Scones with Orange Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and orange peel.
- With fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add orange segments, milk, and egg.
- With fork, stir just until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- On greased cookie sheet, roll or pat into 6 inch circle.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut into 8 wedges, separate slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat butter in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in marmalade.
- Serve with warm scones.
Amazing. Ive been CRAVING oranges, and these were SO GOOD. I used fresh navel orange instead of canned mandarin, and with some orange blossom water, orange zest, orange bits, and orange juice, they were so deliciously orangey! YUM! They survived all of half an hour. Will make again, and again, and again!
Okay, I had a dream. I died and St. Peter met me at the Golden Gates with a plate of these scones. Can I hear an "Amen" for these scones....I can't talk right now myself because I have a mouth full of scone :-)
MMMmmmmmmm is right!!! I made 6 batches of this recipe in two days!! Two for a community recipe group I am in, 2 for my daughter to take to her work for a co-workers birthday, and two to take to my work, just because. My brother in law who never really comments about a recipe, said these were great! He took the last two home from my work for his breakfast the next day..if you only knew him, you'd know that's one of the highest compliments! Thanks for such an awesome recipe!