Recipe by ChipotleChick
Mmmmmmmmm! Need I say more?
Top Review by Kaseysospacey
Amazing. Ive been CRAVING oranges, and these were SO GOOD. I used fresh navel orange instead of canned mandarin, and with some orange blossom water, orange zest, orange bits, and orange juice, they were so deliciously orangey! YUM! They survived all of half an hour. Will make again, and again, and again!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and orange peel.
- With fork, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add orange segments, milk, and egg.
- With fork, stir just until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- On greased cookie sheet, roll or pat into 6 inch circle.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut into 8 wedges, separate slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat butter in small bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in marmalade.
- Serve with warm scones.