Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I have been searching for a double or two-crust lemon pie for years and finally found this at BakingBits. If anyone else out there does not like meringue, this pie is for you!
Top Review by Kim D.
Karen, this pie was a big hit with my family at Thanksgiving dinner! I even had several requests for the recipe! I followed your recipe exactly and wounldn't change a thing. I'm not a big fan of meringue, so I liked the double crust idea! I will definitely be making this one again! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37 ml water
- 9.85 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 14.79 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornstarch with 1 1/4 cups sugar.
- Beat eggs well in electric mixer.
- Add sugar and cornstarch mix, melted butter, lemon juice and water.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Cover with top crust.
- Mix lemon peel and 1 tablespoon sugar together and sprinkle over top.
- Make slit in top of pie for steam to escape.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes.