Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been searching for a double or two-crust lemon pie for years and finally found this at BakingBits. If anyone else out there does not like meringue, this pie is for you!
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix cornstarch with 1 1/4 cups sugar.
- Beat eggs well in electric mixer.
- Add sugar and cornstarch mix, melted butter, lemon juice and water.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Cover with top crust.
- Mix lemon peel and 1 tablespoon sugar together and sprinkle over top.
- Make slit in top of pie for steam to escape.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes.
Karen, this pie was a big hit with my family at Thanksgiving dinner! I even had several requests for the recipe! I followed your recipe exactly and wounldn't change a thing. I'm not a big fan of meringue, so I liked the double crust idea! I will definitely be making this one again! Thanks for sharing!
This is a very old receip my grandmother got this from betty crocker contest receips ,in the 50's and has been my familys favorite for years.