I have been searching for a double or two-crust lemon pie for years and finally found this at BakingBits. If anyone else out there does not like meringue, this pie is for you!
- Mix cornstarch with 1 1/4 cups sugar.
- Beat eggs well in electric mixer.
- Add sugar and cornstarch mix, melted butter, lemon juice and water.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Cover with top crust.
- Mix lemon peel and 1 tablespoon sugar together and sprinkle over top.
- Make slit in top of pie for steam to escape.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes.