1/3 Photos of Double or Triple Coconut Muffins
I love coconut and have been wanting to try this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. Coconut oil can be found at Trader Joe's, Costco, and most major grocery stores. I added the coconut flour to sub for the whole wheat pastry flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml virgin coconut oil
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml coconut flour or 118.29 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml table salt
- 236.59 ml full fat Greek yogurt, at room temperature is best
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature is best
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Either grease 10 muffin cups with butter or coconut oil, or line them with papers.
- 2In a small saucepan, warm your coconut oil just until it melts. Or use your microwave on defrost setting 10 seconds at a time. It should still be on the cool side. DON'T over heat . On a hot day mine will liquefy on its own.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together your flours, baking powder and salt. Stir 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, coconut oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- 5Divide batter among prepared muffin cups then sprinkle the top with remaining 1/4 cup coconut, about 1 to 2 teaspoons on each. Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out batter-free, about 20 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and let cool.
- 6Note - If your yogurt and egg are not at room temperature, they will re-solidify the coconut oil, which is fine for baking but makes the batter quite thick and difficult to stir, like a cookie batter.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double or Triple Coconut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 138.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: