Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe features sauteed shallots and red onion. For richer mashed potatoes, without added fat, use buttery-tasting Yukon Gold potatoes to make this side dish.
- 680.38 g small red potatoes, quartered
- 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml shallot, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- In large pot, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover.
- Bring to boil; cook until tender, 20 minutes.
- Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, melt 1 T butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and shallots, cook stirring, until tender, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk and remaining butter on high 30-60 seconds until hot.
- Add milk mixture, salt and pepper to potatoes; mash.
- Reserve 2 T onion mixture, stir remainder into potatoes.
- Serve potatoes topped with reserved onion mixture.
These potatoes are so good. I used green onion instead of shallot. And dry parsley. I cooked the onion and green onion longer than 5 minutes cause I wanted them to be browned. To give more taste to the potatoes. They had a great texture. Thanks Lainey. Made for Holiday tag