1/1 Photo of Double-Onion Smashed Potatoes
This recipe features sauteed shallots and red onion. For richer mashed potatoes, without added fat, use buttery-tasting Yukon Gold potatoes to make this side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover.
- 2Bring to boil; cook until tender, 20 minutes.
- 3Drain; return to pot.
- 4Meanwhile, in skillet, melt 1 T butter over medium heat.
- 5Add onion and shallots, cook stirring, until tender, 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- 8In microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk and remaining butter on high 30-60 seconds until hot.
- 9Add milk mixture, salt and pepper to potatoes; mash.
- 10Reserve 2 T onion mixture, stir remainder into potatoes.
- 11Serve potatoes topped with reserved onion mixture.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Onion Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 254.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g