Recipe by Bev
No Cook bars that can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator. From Better Homes and Gardens
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- For first layer, in a medium mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine and granulated sugar.
- Add chocolate wafer crumbs; mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan; chill about 20 minutes or until firm.
- For second layer, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is fluffy.
- Add the 1/3 cup powdered sugar; beat until combined.
- Stir in chopped pecans and the 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread over crumb layer.
- Chill about 30 minutes or until set.
- For third layer, beat peanut butter and half of the 1 cup powdered sugar until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the milk and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add additional milk, if necessary, to make of spreading consistency.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Drizzle (See recipe below).
- Arrange pecan halves on drizzle.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Heat 1/3 cup milk chocolate pieces and 1/2 teaspoon shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 3 days ahead, prepare bars.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Makes 24 bars.