1 hr 25 mins
This chicken is superb. Your guests won't be able to guess what the great topping is made of. the cookbook, "Gatherings: Creative Kosher Cooking from Our Families to Yours" (Netivot HaTorah). To reheat, cover pan with foil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 -7 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into eighths (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package porcini mushrooms, dried
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon additional paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil. Add mushrooms. Add cornstarch-chicken broth mixture, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- 3Rinse chicken pieces. Pat dry. Set aside on parchment paper placed in a large pan.
- 4Lightly run cold water through porcini mushrooms and drain well. Place them on paper towels and pat until absolutely dry. (Air-dry for a while.) Cut any large pieces by hand. Put them in a food processor. Process well. Add bread crumbs. Process until mixture becomes crumb-like.
- 5Combine mayonnaise, mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika and curry powder. Coat chicken pieces, returning the coated pieces to the pan. Sprinkle with mushroom crumbs and additional paprika to give colour.
- 6Place chicken, uncovered, in oven. After 20 to 25 minutes, baste with half the mushroom sauce. After another 30 minutes add remaining sauce. Do not overcook chicken. Depending on the size of the chicken pieces, chicken should be cooked for about an hour and then checked.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Mushroom Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.4
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: