Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These maple muffins with a maple syrup glaze are divine!It really makes you proud to be a Canadian. This recipe if from Old Welches Inn Bed and Breakfast. Try this recipe the next time you crave some "maply" goodness!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup (use the "real" stuff)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Grease 18 regular muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, then stir in sour cream and maple syrup.
- Add flour, bran, and baking soda and stir just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until done (about 15 minutes).
- Mix butter and remaining maple syrup until well blended to make a glaze.
- When muffins are done, remove from muffin cup pans. Place 1 teaspoon glaze in bottom of each cup.
- Dip top of muffins into remaining glaze and then return upright to muffin cups. L.
- et stand 15 minutes or so to absorb glaze on bottom.
- Keep spooning glaze over top. Serve warm.
these were great and smelt oh so good. i didnt do the double maple since it would be too messy to take along but they were still delicious and sweet enough and healthy. i liked the addition of sour cream. i even used boring old 'fake' maple syrup so i could imagine how much better they would be with the real stuff. thanks for a great addition to my muffin list.