Recipe by BirdyBaker
These maple muffins with a maple syrup glaze are divine!It really makes you proud to be a Canadian. This recipe if from Old Welches Inn Bed and Breakfast. Try this recipe the next time you crave some "maply" goodness!
Top Review by sprue
these were great and smelt oh so good. i didnt do the double maple since it would be too messy to take along but they were still delicious and sweet enough and healthy. i liked the addition of sour cream. i even used boring old 'fake' maple syrup so i could imagine how much better they would be with the real stuff. thanks for a great addition to my muffin list.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup (use the "real" stuff)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 18 regular muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, then stir in sour cream and maple syrup.
- Add flour, bran, and baking soda and stir just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until done (about 15 minutes).
- Mix butter and remaining maple syrup until well blended to make a glaze.
- When muffins are done, remove from muffin cup pans. Place 1 teaspoon glaze in bottom of each cup.
- Dip top of muffins into remaining glaze and then return upright to muffin cups. L.
- et stand 15 minutes or so to absorb glaze on bottom.
- Keep spooning glaze over top. Serve warm.