- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) package cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Alternate layers of macaroni, cheddar, and cottage cheese in a greased 2-quart baking dish; beginning with macaroni and ending with cheddar.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour to make a smooth mixture. Blend in milk gradually.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Cook until thickened about 2 mins.
- Add salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.