Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Alternate layers of macaroni, cheddar, and cottage cheese in a greased 2-quart baking dish; beginning with macaroni and ending with cheddar.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour to make a smooth mixture. Blend in milk gradually.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Cook until thickened about 2 mins.
- Add salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
It was awesome!!! I made it for my family reunion and added some cubed ham to it. Now everyone is asking for the recipe, even the really picky members of my family!