This was a finalist in the Honolulu Advertiser's "My Best Recipe" contest, 1990. It was originally printed in a California newpaper in the 60's. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For crust, sift flour and salt, cut in butter, add toasted coconut.
- 2Add water, then mix.
- 3Roll dough to fit a 9-inch pie pan.
- 4Prick the crust and bake 10 minutes in a 425F degree oven. Cool.
- 5For filling, blend sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt with 2 cups hot water. Bring to a boil and cook slowly 15 minutes.
- 6Beat egg yolks and add small amount to the cornstarch mixture. Mix well, then add the remaining egg yolks and butter to the mixture.
- 7Cook 5 minutes more. Add lemon peel and juice. Cool.
- 8Put 1/2 of the filling in the bottom of the crust.
- 9Mix half of the whipped cream with remainder of filling and spread on top.
- 10Spread remainder of whipped cream on the top of the filling and sprinkle toasted coconut over it.
- 11Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Lemon Pie in Coconut Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4074.9
- Calories from Fat 2339
- Total Fat 259.8 g
- Saturated Fat 163.7 g
- Cholesterol 1309.6 mg
- Sodium 2319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 421.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 255.9 g
- Protein 33.4 g