Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These loaves are so pretty. I'm not famous for my baking, but I never fail with these.
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding, sugar free is ok
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- Preheat oven to 350; grease& flour two 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans.
- For cake: combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream& oil in lge bowl.
- Beat at med speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes; loosen loaves from pans& invert onto cooling racks; turn right side up.
- For Frosting: Combine confectioners sugar, melted butter and 1 tbsp lemon juice in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed until blended.
- Add remaining juice one tsp at a time, until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- Fold in lemon peel; spread frosting over cooled loaves.