Recipe by Redsie
Haven't tried them yet - but they sound great!
Top Review by Hill Family
I used an 8 inch square pan and used 4 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp lemon peel- for a great lemon flavor. The edges did get a bit too tough for our tastes. When I make again I will bake the filling for a less time. I also sprayed the pan instead of using foil or wax paper but will use of of those next time for easier removal.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or more)
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel (or more)
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine all crust ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Press into greased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in same mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Pour filling over hot, partially baked crust. Continue baking for 17 to 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
- TIP: For easy cutting, line pan with aluminum foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on ends. Lightly grease foil. Bake as directed above. Lift out foil and bars from pan; peel foil from sides of bars. Cut into bars.