Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
Haven't tried them yet - but they sound great!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or more)
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel (or more)
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine all crust ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Press into greased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in same mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Pour filling over hot, partially baked crust. Continue baking for 17 to 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
- TIP: For easy cutting, line pan with aluminum foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on ends. Lightly grease foil. Bake as directed above. Lift out foil and bars from pan; peel foil from sides of bars. Cut into bars.
I used an 8 inch square pan and used 4 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp lemon peel- for a great lemon flavor. The edges did get a bit too tough for our tastes. When I make again I will bake the filling for a less time. I also sprayed the pan instead of using foil or wax paper but will use of of those next time for easier removal.
Very good, a little sweet, I think they are better in the fridge for 3-4 hours. thanks for posting.
These were easy to make and tasted nice and lemony. I used wax paper underneath instead of foil. I used a 9" square pan for a little thinner bars. Thank you Redsie! I'm glad I picked you for the Cookie Jar Bake-Off!