This recipe comes from the Kraft people. It sounded so good I just had to share.
Make and share this Double Layer Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml milk or 14.79 ml half-and-half or 14.79 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml thawed whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 236.59 ml cold milk or 236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml skim milk
- 453.59 g can pumpkin puree
- 2 (198.44 g) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 2 (198.44 g) package vegetarian instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread on bottom of crust.
- Pour 1 cup cold milk into large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- The mixture will be thick.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and chocolate-dipped pecan halves.
- Store in the refrigerator until just before serving.
I made this last night to bring to Thanksgiving dinner today. To my dismay, there were THREE regular pumpkin pies already there so I assumed mine would not really get eaten. Well...guess who's pie was gone at the end of the day?? This was so delicious and simple. My son loved it as well as everyone else who had a piece. Also, this could easily have made 2 pies. Just FYI for anyone reading this review. :)
This is so yummy. I could eat a million infinity five hundred and could eat the whole pie twice a day! I measured everything. I whisked(electric whisk)it(the cool whip mixture) and put it in the pie shell all by myself. I wisked the pumpkin part too but had help putting it on the white creamy part. Thank you Chef! UPDATE: I made this for my family for Thanksgiving and used fresh pumpkin - it did not hold together well.... and I will stick with the can next time.... still yummy!
As far as double layer pumpkin pies, this is a good recipe, but for me it just tastes too "instant" I guess that is the best way to explain it.