3 hrs 52 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Lesley Anne's Note:
I found this recipe a few weeks ago and it was awesome. The entire cake was gone within just a few days. It's moist, rich and just absolutely perfect! I
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; coat round pans with cooking spray.
- 2Stir coffee granules into 1 cup of water. At low speed, beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream and coffee mixture until combined. Increase spead to medium-high; beat 2 minutes. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- 3Divide batter between pans. Bake 20-22 minutes or until pick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- 4Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely.
- 5At medium-high speed, beat butter and melted chips until fluffy.
- 6Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, then milk; beat 2 minutes.
- 7Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread 3/4 cup frosting.
- 8Top with 2nd layer of cake and spread with 3/4 cup frosting.
- 9Spread sides of cake with remaining frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Layer Mocha Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 367.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g