Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
I found this recipe a few weeks ago and it was awesome. The entire cake was gone within just a few days. It's moist, rich and just absolutely perfect! I
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F; coat round pans with cooking spray.
- Stir coffee granules into 1 cup of water. At low speed, beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream and coffee mixture until combined. Increase spead to medium-high; beat 2 minutes. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake 20-22 minutes or until pick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely.
- At medium-high speed, beat butter and melted chips until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, then milk; beat 2 minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread 3/4 cup frosting.
- Top with 2nd layer of cake and spread with 3/4 cup frosting.
- Spread sides of cake with remaining frosting.