1/1 Photo of Double-Layer Lemon Cake
This is a yummy cake with subtle lemon flavor. It's easy to make and a light, refreshing dessert for any occasion. The cake consists of two layers of lemon zest speckled white cake, a layer of lemon curd in the middle and frosted with a lightly lemon-flavored Cool Whip frosting. Garnish with twisted lemon slices, and it will look so pretty that you'll never need to reveal how easy it really was to make! Please note the cooking time does not include time needed for the cakes to cool (approximately 1 hour). Also note that this cake requires refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and lightly flour two 8-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- 3Beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (batter will be lumpy). Stir in lemon zest until fully incorporated.
- 4Pour batter evenly into both pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely before removing from pans.
- 5To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, whip Cool Whip Frosting and 1/4 cup lemon curd until lemon curd is thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- 6Once cakes are completely cool (rounded tops trimmed flat if preferred), place one cake on your preferred serving dish. (Tip: Protect the bottom of your cake plate from frosting smears by inserting waxed paper triangles just between the cake and plate). Spread 1/4 cup of the lemon curd evenly atop the first layer. Top with the second layer of cake.
- 7Frost with lemon frosting. Garnish with twisted lemon slices if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate remaining portion.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Layer Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 478.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: