Recipe by UmmBinat
Oh yum and almost healthy! In fact leave out the chocolate chips and I'd say it is in moderation! I like it without the optionals more, myself. Modified from http://paleomg.com
- 1 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup organic smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄2 cup organic raw local honey
- 1⁄3 cup organic unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 4 -5 tablespoons of organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 handful of enjoy life chocolate chips (no corn or soy) (optional)
- extra sprinkle of organic unsweetened dried shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together until fully combined, unrefined coconut oil, cashew butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, alcohol-free vanilla, and raw honey and just a small pinch of sea salt.
- Pour half into a bread pan and use a spoon to spread out evenly. It doesn’t matter what size bread pan you use. The smaller it is, the taller your fudge will be and vise versa.
- Place in freezer to harden.
- Add cocoa powder to the remaining mixture. Add 1-2 tablespoons at a time, mixing as you go to make sure you don’t use too much.
- Once cocoa powder is incorporated in, add a pinch of sea salt, mix thoroughly, then pour your chocolate fudge on top of your now hardened light fudge.
- Sprinkle with optional chocolate chips, optional shredded coconut, and place is freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into chunks.
- Eat the chunks.
- Store the leftover chunks in the fridge.