Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I havn't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds delicious! A friend of mine shared it with me. Tell me how it turns out! (Cooking time is the freezing time.)
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml cold milk
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 226.79 g container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 2 (226.79 g) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 473.18 ml cold milk
- 4 peanut butter cups, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping.
- Spread mixture on bottom of pie crust.
- In a second bowl, stir pudding mix with 2 cups milk until thick.
- Immediately stir in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread mixture over peanut butter layer.
- Scatter peanut butter cups over top of pie.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
I made this with low fat cream cheese, lite cool whip, reduced fat peanut butter, and skim milk. Though I was scolded at work for using so many "healthy" ingredients, they all said it was my best pie yet. -- Update: given that the filling is too much for the pie crust, and given that the peanut butter layer is so very rich, I think next time I might cut the ingredients for the peanut butter layer in half so that there is more chocolate than peanut butter in the pie.
My Dh loved this. I liked it but you definately need to use a 9 in crust. There was way too much filling for a regular pie crust. I would have liked the peanut butter part to be a bit lighter. I was thinking that I would like it to be sweeter but I think it would have been if I was able to fit all the chocolate layer on the pie. I also didn't put the PB cups on top because my Dh has a thing about texture. I think we will make this again, with a bigger crust :-)
I've made this twice now and both times did something different, not on purpose though, just wasn't paying close attention to the directions. My first attempt was by the book, had extra filling so I made a little 'mini pie' using a small dish. The second attempt, I forgot to mix the cool whip into the peanut butter mixture so I added it to the chocolate pudding. Still turned out fantastic. The second time around I knew there would be extra filling so I used two smaller, shallower pie dishes and made two pies instead of the one. Great and easy recipe.