Double Layer Chocolate Cake With Mocha Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light in color, then add melted butter and vanilla.
- Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add little by little the milk until obtaining a smooth mix (not too runny) Spread batter into prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- To make frosting (for an 8 inch layer cake): Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and then add enough milk to get a smooth (not runny, not like concrete) consistency.
- Usually 1/4 cup to start is good.
- Make sure everything is blended together.
- Refrigerate while cake is cooking and cooling, then frost the cake.