1/1 Photo of Double Layer Chocolate Cake With Mocha Icing
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
eight i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (or more depending on the consistency)
- 1 1/2 cups ultrafine powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted and room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (more if you wish)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- 4Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 5Beat eggs and sugar until light in color, then add melted butter and vanilla.
- 6Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 7Add little by little the milk until obtaining a smooth mix (not too runny) Spread batter into prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Do not overcook.
- 9To make frosting (for an 8 inch layer cake): Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and then add enough milk to get a smooth (not runny, not like concrete) consistency.
- 10Usually 1/4 cup to start is good.
- 11Make sure everything is blended together.
- 12Refrigerate while cake is cooking and cooling, then frost the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Layer Chocolate Cake With Mocha Icing
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.8
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 380.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 72.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g