1/1 Photo of Double Layer Chocolate Cake With Mocha Icing
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
eight i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (or more depending on the consistency)
- 1 1/2 cups ultrafine powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted and room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (more if you wish)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- 4Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 5Beat eggs and sugar until light in color, then add melted butter and vanilla.
- 6Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 7Add little by little the milk until obtaining a smooth mix (not too runny) Spread batter into prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Do not overcook.
- 9To make frosting (for an 8 inch layer cake): Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and then add enough milk to get a smooth (not runny, not like concrete) consistency.
- 10Usually 1/4 cup to start is good.
- 11Make sure everything is blended together.
- 12Refrigerate while cake is cooking and cooling, then frost the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Layer Chocolate Cake With Mocha Icing
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.8
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 380.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 72.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g