Recipe by Golden Sunflower
This is my mom's double layer cheese cake recipe. It's a favorite for all occasions! Made in a 10 inch Pyrex clear glass baking dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 10 inch Pyrex dish with butter and dust with graham cracker crumbs.
- 1st layer - Beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Pour into the pyrex dish and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove from oven - DO NOT TURN OFF OVEN.
- While cheese cake is baking mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- 2nd layer - Spoon and spread sour cream mixture lightly over 1st layer of cheese cake.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off oven and leave the cheese cake in the oven for 25 minutes. It will continue to cook during this time.
- Remove and cool completely. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Cover with your favorite fruit topping and enjoy!