Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the www.foodallergy.org website. I never made it but am saving it here to come back to later. It is milk, egg, peanut, treenut, and soy free.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (water, oil and powder mixed together)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two cake pans.
- In a small bowl, mix together 3 T. water, 3 T.oil, and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, adding water/oil mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat until well mixed, approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into cake pans. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Frost when completely cooled.
- Note: Baking powder is intentionally listed twice in this recipe. The combination of 3 T. water, 3 T. oil, 2 teaspoons baking powder; mixed together is the substitution for 2 eggs.
the batter looks and tastes like a store bought cake mix, however when baked the cake is very dry, I am trying different things to try and make it moist but doesnt seem to want to work. otherwise it is a great cake.