Recipe by Robyn's Kitchen
I got this recipe from the www.foodallergy.org website. I never made it but am saving it here to come back to later. It is milk, egg, peanut, treenut, and soy free.
Top Review by Pammynl
the batter looks and tastes like a store bought cake mix, however when baked the cake is very dry, I am trying different things to try and make it moist but doesnt seem to want to work. otherwise it is a great cake.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (water, oil and powder mixed together)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two cake pans.
- In a small bowl, mix together 3 T. water, 3 T.oil, and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, adding water/oil mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat until well mixed, approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into cake pans. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Frost when completely cooled.
- Note: Baking powder is intentionally listed twice in this recipe. The combination of 3 T. water, 3 T. oil, 2 teaspoons baking powder; mixed together is the substitution for 2 eggs.