1/1 Photo of Double Hot Pepper Jelly
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wear rubber or plastic gloves while cutting hot peppers and do not touch skin or eyes.
- 2To mince peppers, using a sharp knife, cut off tops and slice lengthwise.
- 3Discard seeds and white membrane.
- 4Cut lengthwise in 1/8-inch strips, then cut very fine crosswise strips.
- 5Sterilize 8 half-pint jars; keep hot until needed.
- 6Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- 7In a large kettle, combine minced peppers, sugar and vinegar.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- 10Using a metal spoon, skim off any foam.
- 11Increase heat to high.
- 12Return kettle to heat and bring back to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- 13Stir in pectin and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat and ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/8-inch headspace.
- 15Wipe jar rims and seal with hot lids and screw bands.
- 16Invert jar 30 seconds, then stand upright to seal.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Hot Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 162.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g