Top Review by ArtistsFoodPalette
I added a cup and a half of mixed finely chopped hot peppers and used one envelope pectin. Also used 3-4 drops of green food coloring to make it prettier. Awesome jelly! Made 6 half pints plus 3 1/4 pint jars. One had to go in fridge right away so we could eat it! lol I hot bath the load for 5 minuetes just because I feel safer that way. Thanks for sharing this recipe Dancer. Can do hot Mexican Dance with this jelly! O'lay!
- 59.14 ml finely-minced red chili pepper
- 177.44 ml finely-minced green jalapeno pepper
- 1537.83 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml distilled white vinegar
- 2 (170.09 g) envelope liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Wear rubber or plastic gloves while cutting hot peppers and do not touch skin or eyes.
- To mince peppers, using a sharp knife, cut off tops and slice lengthwise.
- Discard seeds and white membrane.
- Cut lengthwise in 1/8-inch strips, then cut very fine crosswise strips.
- Sterilize 8 half-pint jars; keep hot until needed.
- Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- In a large kettle, combine minced peppers, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spoon, skim off any foam.
- Increase heat to high.
- Return kettle to heat and bring back to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Stir in pectin and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/8-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rims and seal with hot lids and screw bands.
- Invert jar 30 seconds, then stand upright to seal.