Chef mariajane's Note:
this is a great tasting pudding that will make any chocoholic click their heels!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1In a medium saucepan, whisk the cornstarrch, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, espresso powder, salt and cayenne together.
- 2In a measuring cup combine cream with milk.
- 3Whisk 1 cup cream mixture into dry ingredients until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 4Whisk in remainin cream mixture; place saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 5Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add chocolate; cook whisking more.
- 7Remove from heat; whisk in butter until melted.
- 8Transfer to bowl; place plastic wrap directly on pudding to prevent skin from forming.
- 9Let stand until lukewarm, about 45 minutes.
- 10Transfer pudding to serving bowls or goblets. May be served lukewarm or pudding may be chilled (with plastic wrap still on the surface) up to 24 hours and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Hot Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.2
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g