Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 360 hrs
Cook 0 mins
this is a great tasting pudding that will make any chocoholic click their heels!!
Make and share this Double Hot Chocolate Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the cornstarrch, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, espresso powder, salt and cayenne together.
- In a measuring cup combine cream with milk.
- Whisk 1 cup cream mixture into dry ingredients until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Whisk in remainin cream mixture; place saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate; cook whisking more.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter until melted.
- Transfer to bowl; place plastic wrap directly on pudding to prevent skin from forming.
- Let stand until lukewarm, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pudding to serving bowls or goblets. May be served lukewarm or pudding may be chilled (with plastic wrap still on the surface) up to 24 hours and serve chilled.