1/1 Photo of Double Ginger Mango Shortbread
When throwing away an empty butter carton, I noticed this recipe on the side. Being a mango and ginger lover, it certainly caught my eye.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml dried mango, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 14.79 ml freshly grated gingerroot
- 29.58 ml hot water
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 3.69 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml chopped almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Combine mango and grated gingerroot in a small bowl; stir in hot water and set aside. (kitchen shears cut the dried mango easier than a knife).
- 3Combine flour, sugars, ground ginger and salt.
- 4Cut in butter (if using a food processor - pulse 5-6 times until mixture resembles coarse meal. Don't over process!).
- 5Combine beaten egg with mango mixture from step 2 and stir into flour/butter mixture. (Again, if using a food processor, only pulse 5-6 times to mix).
- 6Press evenly into a 10-inch by 15-inch rimmed baking pan.
- 7Sprinkle with almonds.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lighlt browned.
- 9Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces while still warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Ginger Mango Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (875 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 43.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: