Recipe by Lalaloob
So you want a great cookie, something that will appeal to those gingersnap officiandos, then try this wonderful version.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended.
- Add egg, molasses, and fresh ginger, until well combined.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Roll dough by rounded tablespoons into balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar.
- Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies flatten and crack.
- Cool on sheets 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack; cool completely.