Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A tasty ginger cookie with chopped candied ginger I copied from a forum.
Make and share this Double Ginger Crinkle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar; add molasses and egg.
- Combine the rest in a bowl (except granulated sugar) and mix together.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8- 10 minutes or until golden.
- Do not over bake! They should be slightly soft when removed from the oven.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes before removing to a rack to cool.
- Use a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to shape them.
These were tasty little gems! I made up my own candied ginger (Candied Ginger and Syrup] to make these cookies. I halved the recipe and they turned out nice and not too dry! Thank you!