Gingery! Yeah! Original found in Canadian Homemakers Magazine in 1999.
Make and share this Double Ginger Crackle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together shortening and sugar; add egg and molasses and mix well.
- Stir together the flour, soda, salt, spices and candied ginger. Blend into the creamed mixture.
- Shape into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Place about 2-inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Careful not to overbake. Cookies should be slightly soft when removed from the oven.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to racks to complete cooling.