1/1 Photo of Double Ginger Crackle Cookies
Gingery! Yeah! Original found in Canadian Homemakers Magazine in 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together shortening and sugar; add egg and molasses and mix well.
- 2Stir together the flour, soda, salt, spices and candied ginger. Blend into the creamed mixture.
- 3Shape into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Place about 2-inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Careful not to overbake. Cookies should be slightly soft when removed from the oven.
- 5Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to racks to complete cooling.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Ginger Crackle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 80.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: