These are intensely flavored, you have been warned! You get little bursts of ginger depending on how finely you chop the crystallized ginger. These cookies freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml chopped crystallized ginger
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 295.73 ml sugar, divided
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- 2Combine flours and next 5 ingredients (flours through ground ginger); stir well with a whisk.
- 3Make a well in center of mixture.
- 4Combine 1 cup sugar, applesauce, and next 4 ingredients (applesauce through vanilla).
- 5Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist; cover and chill dough at least 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Lightly coat hands with flour.
- 8Shape dough into 24 balls (about 2 tablespoons each; dough will be sticky).
- 9Roll balls in 1/4 cup sugar.
- 10Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Cool 1 minute on pan.
- 13Remove from pan; cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (769 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1324.3
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 254.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 125.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: