Recipe by katew
Yet another carrot muffin/cake recipe but quite a healthy one and really easy to do and very yummy.- this is a Julie le Clerc recipe from a NZ magazine.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
These are totally delicious!!! I made these in my texas muffin tin and got 9 huge muffins from the mix.. They were full of flavour and oh so moist, I mean really light, fluffy, soft with the yummy crunchy top you expect from a muffin.. There is nothing like a warm muffin straight from the oven and these didn't dissapoint, not to mention how great my house smelled whilst these were cooking.. I added a little more ginger than stated as we do love our ginger in my family.. I will definitely be making these again.. They got huge praise and my son has already eaten 2 this morning.. Thanks for sharing Katew a fab recipe!!! :)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 160°C.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Combine sugar, oil, ginger and vanilla.
- Whisk then add eggs, beat till creamy.
- Stir in pineapple and carrot.
- Add sifted flour,salt, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add coconut - mix all together.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes.
- When cool they can be frosted with cream chees frosting if desired.