Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy, gooey treats!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, egg, and egg white. Mix well. Whisk in th corn syrup and vanilla until well combined.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture until smooth. Fold in chocolate morsels and walnuts. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until mixture starts to pull away from sides of pan, about 25 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
These definitely lived up to their advertising - they were fudgey, yummy, and gooey! I was very curious how this would come out, not having any fat except the egg (and chips/nuts). They really surprised me, though they are definitely best when still warm from the oven! I left out the nuts and doubled the chocolate chips with great results. Thanks for the recipe!