Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
No crust to make here! This recipe is very simple and is best served with a little dollop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate and cool slightly.
- Gradually mix into eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Spread into a buttered 9" pie plate and bake for precisely 40 minutes.
- Center will be soft and moist when taken from oven, but firms a little when cooling.
I can't believe I am the first to try this! It is sooooo rich and sooooo good. It was hard not to eat a good portion of the batter! I would describe the texture as more brownie-like than pie, which is better in my book. No vanilla ice cream, but served with cool whip. Wonderful dessert. Thanks for posting!
Oh My Gosh!!! This is SO good!!!! I made it for Thanksgiving and barely got to taste it, everybody dived on it so fast!! So, I will be making another one, just for my family, so we can enjoy it with a big glass of cold milk!! Thanks for sharing!
Moist, rich and delicious both hot and cold. I agree with the previous reviewer about the cake puffing up. However, it was so yummy, all was forgiven!