Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Several years ago we went to a friend’s house for a night of playing Chicken Foot. When we walked though their front door, a warm luscious chocolate fragrance was gently wafting on the air. We spotted it resting on the kitchen counter beckoning and waiting. Wait we did… until my chocoholic loving husband loudly declared… “I can’t stand it, are we ever going to eat that “thing” or just smell it!” He ate three servings and demanded the recipe. I routinely prepare it hot for friends now fresh out of the oven. It's very fast and easy preparation.
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix
- 1 cup hersey's chocolate syrup
- 1 cup hot fudge
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- Prepare baking pan with Pam. I use a white round Corningware casserole with straight sides. (10 1/2 " round baking dish or equivalent.).
- In a mixing bowl prepare brownie mix according to "package" directions.
- Add nuts at this point if desired.
- Place the 1 cup Hersey's chocolate syrup in the bottom of prepared baking dish and dollop the fudge sauce on top.
- Pour brownie batter evenly on top of the syrup and fudge sauce.
- Bake in the microwave until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. My microwave is old so I cook it for 8 minutes, however, I took the ingredients and cooked it at my cousins house for 8 minutes (she has a new microwave) and part of it was hard like biscotti and we still ate it ALL!
- I don't always use the fudge sauce -- it's great with just the syryp. I think caramel sauce would be a great option too.