Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another good one from Land O Lakes. Nice and rich,Can't wait to sink my teeth into this!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt 1 c. butter and chocolate in 2 qt. pan, stir til smooth.
- Stir in remaining brownie ingredients, except chips.
- Mix well.
- Gently stir in chips.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in greased or sprayed 13x9 pan.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat at medium speed till creamy.
- Spread over brownie batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over cream cheese.
- Some cheese mix may show through.
- Bake for 30- 35 min.
- Cool Completely.
- Cut into bars.
These wern't bad, but not like most other brownies I have made. I'm not sure what went wrong but there was a crackled film on the top, maybe too eggy? As a previous reviewer stated there wasn't enough chocolate taste.
This wasn't a bad tasting brownie but not what I was expecting. The chocolate flavour was barely noticeable & the brownies ended up cake-like. The chocolate chips all sunk to the bottom of the pan & created an odd crust.
Rich, fudgy, and delicious!! Definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting!