Recipe by daisygrl64
Two kinds of chocolate and cream cheese makes these homemade brownies absolutely yummy. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in a 2qt saucepan combine 1 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate.
- cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, until melted (4 to 6 min).
- stir in remaining brownie ingredients, (except chocolate chips).
- fold in chocolate chips.
- spread half of batter into greased 13x9 baking pan.
- in small bowl stir together all filling ingredients. spread over brownie mixture.
- spoon remaining batter over cream cheese (batter will not entirely cover cream cheese mixture).
- bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.