1/1 Photo of Double Fudge Brownie Chunks
1 hr 10 mins
It doesn't get more fudgy than this. You can leave out the nuts if you want a pure chocolate thrill! This recipe comes from Reader's Digest, Canada 2004.
My Private Note
dozen 1 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 7 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1To make the brownies, preheat oven to 325°F and butter a 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 2-inch baking pan.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat; cool.
- 3Onto a piece of waxed paper, sift the flour and salt, then toss with the nuts.
- 4In a large bowl, with a mixer at high speed, beat the eggs just until foamy.
- 5Add the sugar, then the cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla, and beat just until blended.
- 6Stir in the flour mixture just until it disappears, then spoon into the prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 35 minutes, or just until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- 8Let cool completely in the pan before frosting.
- 9To make the frosting, heat the chocolate, butter, and 1/3 cup of milk in a small saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring frequently.
- 10Cool to lukewarm, then pour into a medium bowl.
- 11Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- 12Using a mixer, beat at high speed for about 10 minutes, or until thick enough to spread. If frosting is too thick to your liking, you can add between 1-3 tablespoons more milk and beat again to desired consistancy. Frost completely cooled brownies in pan.
- 13Refrigerate until ready to serve, then cut into 1-inch chunks and remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Fudge Brownie Chunks
Serving Size: 1 (2674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1706.3
- Calories from Fat 977
- Total Fat 108.5 g
- Saturated Fat 43.3 g
- Cholesterol 290.8 mg
- Sodium 580.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 180.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 131.2 g
- Protein 25.2 g