Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mother's recipe that she pulls out every Christmas. They are absolutely amazing.
Double Frosted Brownies
- 8 (1 ounce) bakers unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- vanilla extract
- Melt 1/2lb butter and 4 squares of chocolate over medium heat.
- Add 2C sugar and stir until dissolved.
- One at a time, beat in 4 eggs.
- Add 2tsp of vanilla and 1 1/2C flour.
- Bake in 13x19" pan (greased) at 325*F for 25-30min. Cool.
- Mix to a spreadable consistency: 4C confectioner's sugar, 1C butter (1/2lb), 2tsp vanilla extract and about 2tbsp of milk. Add food coloring if desired.
- Top layer:.
- Melt 4 squares chocolate, 4tbsp butter (1/2 stick), 4tbsp sugar together. Pour over brownies.
- Refrigerate to harden chocolate.
- Warm to room temp before cutting.
These are good brownies. I followed the ingredients per the recipe. I feel that these are just too sweet. You can really have only 1. Made for PAC Spring 2008.