Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Yummy! Frost with my Espresso Frosting Recipe which I am posting separate. Adapted from Betty Crocker's Ultimate Cookies & Brownies. Yield is if you use a jelly roll pan. If you dont have one, just make them in a cake pan, they'll be thicker, unless you use 2 cake pans.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan (or whatever you have, 13x9x2) with butter or shortening or spray with Pam.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients (except baking powder).
- Heat water and butter to boiling in 1 quart saucepan.
- Pour over the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Stir in baking soda, buttermilk and egg.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick entered in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Espresso Frosing.
- ****Highaltitude use only 1/2 tsp baking soda****.
These make a nice cakey brownie. I used plain yogurt for the buttermilk and half Splenda/half sugar. We must eat larger brownies there is no way I could get 50. I used a chocolate syrup glaze for the frosting.