Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Kraft Food & Family magazine. This is a recipe good for OAMC as well I think. On the menu is Mini Meatloaves and Swedish Meatballs. Although I think the meatballs could be used in other dishes or sauces of choice, since the meatloaf recipe could easily be doctored up but the "swedish" meatball sauce was kinda bland to me. I've also experimented and added some finely chopped and sauteed or steamed carrots, celery, onions, and zucchini as well. Note: The original recipe calls for 2 lbs of ground beef, I like to mix that up, just my personal preferance. Feel free to do all beef, or whatever you like. *Also please do add seasonings to taste, I thought it needed some with the original recipe!
For Mini Meatloaves
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy, divided
- 1 cup water (I use beef broth)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef gravy (from above recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 16 meatballs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked noodles, of choice hot & buttered with
- (Mini Meatloaves).
- Preheat oven to 400°F Pour 1/4 cup of the gravy into large bowl. Stir in broth or water. Add meat, stuffing mix and eggs (seasonings as well here); mix lightly. Refrigerate remaining gravy for use in Swedish Meatballs.
- Divide meat mixture in half. Shape half of the meat mixture into 2 oval loaves on baking sheet. Shape remaining mixture into about 16 balls. Place, in a single layer, onto another baking sheet. (I can get them to all fit in one full size baking sheet).
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the oven. Bake meat loaves an additional 10 minutes or so until no longer pink in center. Slice and serve with your favorite veggies.
- Refrigerate the meatballs to serve next meal.
- (Swedish Meatballs).
- Mix gravy and sour cream in a large saucepan.
- Add meatballs and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles and a green salad!