1 hr 25 mins
From Kraft Food & Family magazine. This is a recipe good for OAMC as well I think. On the menu is Mini Meatloaves and Swedish Meatballs. Although I think the meatballs could be used in other dishes or sauces of choice, since the meatloaf recipe could easily be doctored up but the "swedish" meatball sauce was kinda bland to me. I've also experimented and added some finely chopped and sauteed or steamed carrots, celery, onions, and zucchini as well. Note: The original recipe calls for 2 lbs of ground beef, I like to mix that up, just my personal preferance. Feel free to do all beef, or whatever you like. *Also please do add seasonings to taste, I thought it needed some with the original recipe!
My Private Note
per rec ...
Units: US | Metric
For Mini Meatloaves
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy, divided
- 1 cup water (I use beef broth)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1(Mini Meatloaves).
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F Pour 1/4 cup of the gravy into large bowl. Stir in broth or water. Add meat, stuffing mix and eggs (seasonings as well here); mix lightly. Refrigerate remaining gravy for use in Swedish Meatballs.
- 3Divide meat mixture in half. Shape half of the meat mixture into 2 oval loaves on baking sheet. Shape remaining mixture into about 16 balls. Place, in a single layer, onto another baking sheet. (I can get them to all fit in one full size baking sheet).
- 4Bake 20 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the oven. Bake meat loaves an additional 10 minutes or so until no longer pink in center. Slice and serve with your favorite veggies.
- 5Refrigerate the meatballs to serve next meal.
- 6(Swedish Meatballs).
- 7Mix gravy and sour cream in a large saucepan.
- 8Add meatballs and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 9Serve with hot buttered noodles and a green salad!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Duty Dinners: Meatloaf & Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (2168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.8
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 290.3 mg
- Sodium 1821.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 55.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: